Modality System Specific Configurations
|System||Version||Static Images||Clip Images||MPPS||KOS|
|SIEMENS S2000||Any||Default Uncompressed||JPEG Baseline||Yes|| |
|GE LOGIQ E9||Any||RLE Losless||JPEG Baseline||Yes||Yes|
|PHILIPS iU22||Any||Default Uncompressed||JPEG Baseline||Yes|| |
|ACUSON SEQUOIA||Any||RLE Losless||JPEG Baseline||Yes|| |
|ATL HDI 5000||Any||Default Uncompressed||Default Uncompressed|| |
|TOSHIBA Aplio||> 2.0||RLE Losless||JPEG Baseline||Yes||Yes|
|HITACHI Preirus, Avius||V4|
|JPEG Baseline||JPEG Baseline||Yes|| |
If you are a modality or PACS manufacture and would like to test your AEs with our cloud test server, please contact email@example.com
DICOM Prefetch Query and Retrieval Information
Most customer sites have two servers; the primary and the secondary servers. At any one given time one of them is actively servicing the site and another is acting as a fail-over server. Should we lose the functionality of the active server (we call it the principal server), an automated process will fail-over the active role to the secondary server, and the production will continue.
A special consideration has to be made under this condition with respect to DICOM Prefetch using C-MOVE operation. An active server performs the following.
- The active Imorgon server performs Modality Worklist query to see which patients are scheduled soon.
- The active Imorgon server then performs DICOM Query (C-FIND) operation. This means that the PACS must recognize either ones of the Imorgon AE title to permit C-FIND operation. It could be AE title from the Primary or the Secondary server.
- When necessary studies are found, the active Imorgon Server performs Retrieve (C-MOVE) operation. The C-MOVE operation requires a destination AE Title to be specified. This means that Imorgon will specify either one of two possible destinations; the primary or secondary, whichever is active at the time.
An easier way to think about this is to think as if there are two independent "mini-PACS" devices on your network and they do DICOM C-FIND/C-MOVE operation independently and they are turned on and off at various times.
- Why can't you use the same AE title for retrieve?
- Because the two servers reside on different IP addresses, and so we need to direct the send destinations differently. In the DICOM standard the only way to distinguish the destination network address is the Destination AE Title in DICOM. The destination AE title is programmed into your PACS's AE configurations.
- Yes, but you have the cluster virtual IP address, why can't you use that?
- Technically yes, we can, but we should minimize the use of this method since this will add one more point of failure in the data flow. For example, should the virtual IP not be online for some reasons C-MOVE will fail. If we configure two AEs against the server's static addresses then the images will be delivered to the active principal server more reliably.